MSSQL Database Administrator | WILDIX UKRAINE (ODESSA)
Wildix is looking for a MSSQL Database Administrator to join our team in Odessa. Database Administrator will assist in supporting and monitoring Production Databases and SAP B1 Deployment. This individual will help installing/deploying new databases as well servers, upgrade SAP B1, provide help to R&D Team to interface applications with MSSQL. This individual will help in standardize Database Administration including the operating model, practices, procedures, and technologies.
- Experience in MSSQL Database administration using SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014/2016/2017 versions.
- Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, failover cluster, AlwaysOn and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) would be an advantage
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies.
- Able to organize work efficiently and work well under stress, changing priorities, and time constraints
- Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of AWS will be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English (min. C1), be prepared to pass the interview in English
- Create and manage multiple databases and capacity planning
- Monitor, maintain database system and troubleshoot problems that may arise
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles, permission of database users).
- Use tools like SQL profiler for database tuning, should be able to generate traces, execution plans, identify performance bottleneck, deadlocks/contention and resolve them
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production, QA, Stage and development database environments.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients)
- Opportunity to work in a young multinational team of professionals;
- Paid lunch and vacations;
- Flexible full-time work from 10am to 7pm with one hour of lunch break (2-3pm);
- Office in the center with good transport connections.