Chief Data Officer
Our position is opened in Tallinn
Wildix is a company, operating on the market of the latest generation telecommunications technology, including Voice over IP, Unified Communications and all the innovative multimedia communication services.
We are searching for an experienced and dedicated Chief Data Officer to supervise the use of Information Technology (IT) in our company. A successful Chief Data Officer should have in-depth knowledge of the current and up-and-coming trends in the IT field.
To be successful, you will be highly-analytical, professional, and possess excellent organizational skills. The chosen candidate will help store, evaluate and apply data strategies to our daily operations to improve company development.
The main role is to monitor and analyze the risks that a company face in order to guarantee data and information protection.
You will be responsible for aligning information technologies with the company´s strategy. Main goal is to focus on improving the efficiency of processes and on the analysis of new technologies.
You will work with the various IT & business functions to evaluate the design and effectiveness of the control environment, both operational and technical, identify risks, areas of concern, and implement appropriate solutions as needed.
- Develop goals and strategies to ensure the IT department runs smoothly and effectively;
- Direct and establish IT-related projects;
- Monitor changes in the technology sector to discover ways the company can improve and develop;
- Supervise the networks and computer systems in the company to ensure optimal performance;
- Plan and direct the implementation of new IT systems;
- Provide leadership to IT specialists and other staff within the company;
- Create and adapt technological platforms to improve the client experience;
- Troubleshoot data-related issues and establish regular maintenance;
- Align information technologies with the company´s strategy
- Improve the efficiency of processes and on the analysis of new technologies
- Monitor and analyze the risks that a company face in order to guarantee data and information protection
- Implement the company data strategy (protection & privacy – GDPR)
- Point of reference and expertise in IT security for ABC Financial
- Build, own, manage, and communicate our security policy framework;
- Review and updates security policies and standards annually, and collaborates on security processes and procedures;
- Facilitate internal and external security-related audits and assessments, and ensures successful remediation efforts.
- Opportunity to work in a young multinational team of professionals;
- Paid vacations;
- Flexible full-time work from 10 am to 7 pm with one hour of lunch break (2—3 pm);
- Work from home up to 40% of the time;
- English training;
- Development training;
- Office in the center with good transport connections.
- Minimum 10+ years of leadership experience in IT Security, cybersecurity, Information technology, data management or IT Audit or related are required in;
- Expert in information security policy formulation, information security management, and business risk management;
- Professional experience in running the information security office analyzing and applying information security, risk management, and privacy practices;
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, budgeting, and allocation;
- Power BI knowledge;
- Salesforce knowledge – is a plus;
- Experience in a company providing SaaS on a subscription basis;
- Understanding of SaaS billing and ecommerce;
- In-depth knowledge of data administration and management processes;
- Good understanding of modern databases and information system technologies;
- Knowledge of national and international regulatory compliances and frameworks such as GDPR, GLBA, ISO, SOX, BASEL II, EU DPD, HIPAA, NIST, FISMA, CobiT, ISF and PCI DSS;
- Experience with secure coding standards, ethical hacking techniques, IDS/IPS, SIEM.