Medifast, a nationwide leader in weight loss and healthy living programs utilizes Vatacom, a value added voice and data integrator out of Minneapolis, to substantially cut costs and provide efficient and effective customer service using Wildix.
With 90 employees across 9 sites nationwide, Medifast , a leading manufacturer and distributor of clinically proven, healthy living products and programs, was saddled with a network of disparate voice and data solutions that consistently failed to meet its requirement to provide effective customer service. Their outdated technology lacked cohesion and was an acrossthe-board drain on efficiency.
Medifast leadership was intent on finding a replacement solution that would enable employees – across all nine office locations – to collaborate with each other from any location, and with external stakeholders, including customers. They also wanted a single platform that consolidated existing technology into one, easy-to-use tool.
Vatacom saw right away that Medifast not only needed a platform for employee communications, but one that empowered customers to easily connect with company points of contact.
Working with Vatacom over a three-month period, Medifast chose to deploy Wildix Collaboration.
The UCaaS suite boasts features and functionality including “ubiquitous” presence (Geo-Presence), remote desktop control, attendant console, file sharing, video conferencing, live streaming to Facebook and YouTube, and more. Ubiconf, the company’s flexible videoconferencing solution, is also based entirely on WebRTC and is accessible to corporate and public users worldwide with a single click.
By simultaneously sharing both presence status and geolocation, the platform allows users to monitor in real-time who is online, absent, busy in another conversation, or does not want to be disturbed.
In addition to Wildix Collaboration, Medifast included in their deployment, Wildix Kite to allow customers direct connectivity from Medifast’s website instead of just chat or filling out a contact page. Kite is a fully-integrated UC system based on WebRTC technology that brings UC to a company’s website, effectively transforming the property into an efficient sales and marketing tool. With just one click, a website visitor can communicate with company agents via chat, audio and video call, desktop sharing and file transfer, all within the web browser. Presence functionality lets them know who’s available to connect.
Leveraging Wildix thanks to Vatacom, has allowed Medifast to overcome a number of their communications and collaboration challenges.
„Working with Vatacom has helped us not only achieve our goals but drastically cut costs. We look forward to working with them in the future as more room for growth comes.“- Medifast
In addition to drastically cutting costs, Medifast has reported numerous other benefits reflected in spikes in performance and efficiency. These benefits include:
- Streamlined collaboration and mobility: Vatacom has empowered Medifast to optimize how its teams can work together, and the
freedom of mobility.
- Convenient user experience: Medifast users can video conference instantly without having to install, download or update any plugin or expensive hardware.
- Enhanced customer interaction: Kite has significantly improved customer interactions. Since neither download nor installation are required, Medifast is now able to mitigate customers’ stress and save them time. With Kite, customers enjoy an instant and pluginfree means for engaging the company over the Internet.Seamless integration with their UC solution enables auto-authentication, allowing Medifast to personalize the interaction experience and quickly route customers to the right agent or group.
- Simplified workflows and communications: The ability to share files or share one’s screen without the the need for external applications has significantly streamlined the sales and support processes.
- Transformed company website into interactive marketing resources: Kite has evolved Medifast’s website into a truly interactive asset, converting occasional passers-by into potential customers. By virtue of the platform’s easy-to-use, browser-based experience, agents know which pages a prospect landed on. Real-time visibility into a site visitor’s navigation elevates customer service to new heights of efficiency.
With teams spread out across many different sites, our legacy system’s glaring lack of a unified communications solution and mobility was getting in the way of our day-to-day operations.
Wildix has empowered businesses worldwide with tools that are as functional as they are easy to use, and that increase employee efficiency and productivity while helping them achieve new heights of agility. It’s ability to connect with customers in more ways than one all through a single click is unique and unlike anything else in the market. Bringing them (Wildix) in was exactly what was needed for Medifast to achieve their desired results and beyond.”